5 Tips to Simplify Tax Time
April 15 always seems to sneak up, and surely this year will be no different. While there’s no escaping the tax deadline, this year can be the easiest tax season ever. Use the following tips to streamline the tax return process and minimize stress.
- Review and complete the tax organizer. The organizer provides you with your prior year information and helps your tax professional gather valuable information about you that may impact your tax return.
- Provide electronic documents whenever possible. The electronic tax documents obtained directly from your banks and brokerages are high quality and easy to read, which minimizes errors.
- Respond to communications from your tax professional as quickly as possible. Often our questions just require a short answer to finalize the preparation of your tax return.
- Review your prepared tax return as soon as it’s available so that any necessary corrections can be made well before the April 15 filing deadline. If no corrections are needed, sign the e-file authorization to complete the process.
The four tips outlined above are suggestions Cover & Rossiter has made for years. They help streamline the process for you and your tax professional. With your help, we can focus on maximizing valuable tax deductions while minimizing tax liability. The fifth tip is new this year, and it makes the first four tips a breeze.
- Sign up for your free TaxCaddy account – many of our clients already have! Cover & Rossiter is offering TaxCaddy to our clients this year. TaxCaddy makes it easier than ever to gather your 1040 tax documents and deliver them to us, communicate with us, answer your questionnaire electronically, and sign documents like the engagement letter. We’re excited about this powerful, free solution and we think you will be, too. Visit the TaxCaddy website for more information. CLICK HERE to watch a short video.
If you’re a current client and wish to enroll in TaxCaddy, send an email to Intake@CoverRossiter.com and we’ll send you the TaxCaddy invitation email with a unique link for you to use.
Not a client? That’s okay. If you’re looking for an award-winning, full service CPA accounting firm that always brings value-added tools and resources to clients, contact Cover & Rossiter today!