Cover & Rossiter is a growing innovative certified public accounting and advisory firm. Cover & Rossiter started in 1939 as a Wilmington Branch office of a Philadelphia firm. In 1965, Cover & Co. was renamed as Cover & Rossiter, with the admission of Paul Rossiter as a partner in the firm. As such, the firm enjoys trusted and longstanding relationships with many of the region’s most prominent businesses, individuals, nonprofit organizations and foundations. Cover & Rossiter has successfully transitioned through the generations to become a team of about 35 people, providing a full range of business services.
While our rich heritage certainly gives us a deep sense of tradition and experience, today’s Cover & Rossiter is a firm with the right mix of entrepreneurial spirit, technical abilities and enthusiasm. We work as a partner with our corporate clients to assist them in their successful operation of the business and our individual clients in helping them reap the rewards of prudent investing and financial planning.
Cover & Rossiter caters to nonprofit organizations, businesses and high net worth families and executives in the Wilmington area and is known for straightforward, honest and innovative advice. For over twenty years, the firm has been operated with three constant goals:
Focused on Your Future Dedicated to Our Strong History
Cover & Rossiter is a regional Certified Public Accounting and Advisory firm serving clients in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. The firm and staff have memberships with:
- AICPA – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- DSCPA – Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NJSCPA – New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NYSSCPA – New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- PICPA – Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- ACFE – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- FASNA – Forensics Accountants Society of North America
- NACVA - National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- NAEPC – National Association of Estate Planners and Council
- DCIA – Delaware Captive Insurance Association
- TCIA – Tennessee Captive Insurance Association
- DANA -Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement
- DEPA – Delaware Psychological Association
- DSCC – Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
- WBA – Winterthur Business Associates
- Delaware Bankers Association
- Delaware Senior Resource Network
- Delaware State Plans Management Board
- Development & Research Innovations, Inc.
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware
- Fund for Women
- Rotary Club of Wilmington
- Rotary Club of Newark
- Toastmasters International
- Wilmington Tax Group
- World Affairs Council
Where Technology and Public Accounting Meet…
Cover & Rossiter is continually making advances in technology. We work with the latest tax and accounting software and keep our computer and communication hardware current. This allows us to be efficient both in the office or working from a remote location. We strive to work smarter not harder. Another benefit of staying up-to-date with technology is continuing our effort for going GREEN.
- Instead of storing paper files we scan all documents. It creates efficiency in workflow and reduces the amount of paper created in making copies and space having to store the paper files.
- With the client’s permission, their tax returns are stored electronically in a secure software platform easily accessible by the client 24/7, eliminating the need for printing a paper copy.
- We encourage our clients to send their documents electronically whenever possible.
- We can accomplish many client tasks remotely consequently saving the need to travel to a client’s site.
- Instead of receiving printed research materials, we subscribe to several online resources.
As proactive partners and attentive advisors, Cover & Rossiter strives to provide personal quality innovative services to our clients. We do this by developing strategies to maximize the profitability of the organization and to minimize their individual tax burden.
Cover & Rossiter strives to retain an experienced staff of professionals by fostering staff development, productivity and teamwork in a challenging family-oriented work environment. We offer a positive work climate based on open ongoing communication, trust and respect for one another.
We are confident that our clients enjoy a relationship built not only on advanced technical ability and creative strategy formation, but also on trust and caring. It’s just one more way we are Advancing Tradition!