Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning CPA advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups. We help clients navigate through complex tax laws, strict audit standards, and elaborate estate and trust documents in order to maximize financial results and minimize risk. We have proudly served clients from the Delaware valley and across the United States since 1939.
Founded by Clarence Cover, the firm started in 1939 as the Wilmington Branch office of a Philadelphia accounting firm. In 1965, Cover & Co. was renamed Cover & Rossiter, with the admission of Paul Rossiter as a director in the firm. As such, the firm enjoys trusted and longstanding relationships with many of the region’s most prominent businesses, individuals, nonprofit organizations and foundations. Cover & Rossiter has successfully transitioned through the generations to become a team of about 38 people, providing a full range of business services.
While our rich heritage certainly gives us a deep sense of tradition and experience, today’s Cover & Rossiter is a firm with the right mix of entrepreneurial spirit, technical abilities and enthusiasm. We work as a partner with our corporate clients to assist them in their successful operation of the business and our individual clients in helping them reap the rewards of prudent investing and financial planning.
Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning CPA advisory firm recognized for providing high-quality advice and personalized service to enable our clients to achieve their objectives.
We are committed to being a future-ready CPA advisory firm in order to constantly provide best-in-class service to our clients. We will serve our clients as trusted advisors to enable their success through a unique combination of expert advice, personalized service and use of the latest technology.
For over 80 years, we have been guided by the principles of trust, service and value for our clients and their other professional advisors.
We are dedicated to creating long-lasting relationships with all of our clients.
The better we understand your needs, the better advisors we can be.
We believe that an uncompromising commitment to provide superior service is the difference between success and failure.
We believe that our employees are our most important advantage. We seek to create a work environment that values diversity and fosters development, productivity, innovation and teamwork.
Focused on Your Future Dedicated to Our Strong History
Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning CPA Advisory firm serving clients in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. The firm and staff are involved with and/or have memberships with the following professional/industry associations:
- AICPA – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- DSCPA – Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NJSCPA – New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NYSSCPA – New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- PICPA – Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- FCPA - Forensic CPA Society
- NACVA - National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- NAEPC – National Association of Estate Planners and Council
- DCIA – Delaware Captive Insurance Association
- TCIA – Tennessee Captive Insurance Association
- DANA -Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement
- DEPA – Delaware Psychological Association
- DSCC – Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
- WBA – Winterthur Business Associates
- Delaware Bankers Association
- Delaware BioScience Association
- Delaware Senior Resource Network
- Delaware State Plans Management Board
- Development & Research Innovations, Inc.
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware
- Fund for Women
- Rotary Club of Wilmington
- Rotary Club of Newark
- Toastmasters International
- Wilmington Tax Group
- World Affairs Council
Where Technology and Public Accounting Meet…
Cover & Rossiter is continually making advances in technology. We work with the latest tax and accounting software and keep our computer and communication hardware current. This allows us to be efficient both in the office or working from a remote location. We strive to work smarter not harder. Another benefit of staying up-to-date with technology is continuing our effort for going GREEN.
- Instead of storing paper files we scan all documents. It creates efficiency in workflow and reduces the amount of paper created in making copies and space having to store the paper files.
- With the client’s permission, their tax returns are stored electronically in a secure software platform easily accessible by the client 24/7, eliminating the need for printing a paper copy.
- We encourage our clients to send their documents electronically whenever possible.
- We can accomplish many client tasks remotely consequently saving the need to travel to a client’s site.
- Instead of receiving printed research materials, we subscribe to several online resources.