Join the Team
Careers with Cover & Rossiter
Cover & Rossiter is a full-service, local firm providing individuals and businesses with trust tax services, personal financial planning, accounting and advisory services, client transaction services, captive insurance audits, estate administration, audits, corporate tax services and litigation support.
Committed to Work-Life Balance
In an industry that is notorious for long hours and burnout, and where employee turnover of 20-30 percent is the norm, Cover & Rossiter’s long-term average turnover rate is less than 10 percent. Our focus on work-life balance allows us to recruit and retain quality individuals, which in turn promotes maximum client satisfaction and retention.
Cover & Rossiter places a heavy emphasis on the use of technology. The technology focus at our firm provides our staff with a tremendous amount of flexibility to work remotely. We utilize:
Our policies are designed to allow for significant flexibility and balance between work and personal life demands. Cover & Rossiter offers adjustable work schedules where employees can come in earlier or later and similarly leave earlier or later.
Many Cover & Rossiter employees work 60-95 percent of a typical work week in which they have set their own schedule to conform to the needs of their personal life.
Cover & Rossiter enforces a maximum of 55 hours per week during tax season, whereas most other accounting companies enforce a minimum. We believe that employees who are well rested and not overworked produce more accurate, efficient products and services for our clients.
As an added bonus, fresh fruit and vegetables with various healthy lunch options are provided daily during tax season.
Are you a parent trying to ease back into the workforce? We also have positions open on a flexible, permanent basis within our Tax Department. We understand that you need to be there for your family, so we give you the option to work during the school year and have off in the summers, overtime is never required. This would be ideal for parents who are looking to work while their children are in school. If you're interested, apply for any open Tax position listed below and select “Working Parent” where indicated.
Cover & Rossiter’s hiring philosophy is to be constantly looking for strong, top quality candidates at all experience levels to fill public accounting, auditing, business accounting, and support positions. We are looking for energetic, self motivated, and achievement oriented people to join our team.
Our Offices are located in Little Falls Centre One, just west of Wilmington, Delaware near the intersection of Lancaster pike and Centerville Road. Look for us just past the new CSC Headquarters across the street from Capers and Lemons.
We are looking for people with a demonstrated commitment to their career.
- Success during your career.
- Job stability.
- Technology savvy.
- Willingness to learn and accept challenges.
- Be self-motivated, pro-active, results/goal oriented, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be reliable.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Excellent organization skills and work ethics.
- Exhibit high levels of social and professional ethics.
- Exhibit clarity, accuracy, and neatness of work.
- Have good follow-up skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, appearance, and attitude.
- Should strive to attain higher levels within the organization.
A Summary of our Compensation and Benefits
We offer one of the most flexible work schedules in our industry!
Compensation and Work Schedules
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus program.
- Discretionary profit sharing contribution.
- The company matches 40% of the employee’s before tax 401k contributions up to 8%.
- Bonus for passing the CPA exam.
- Professional dues paid.
- 37.5 hour work week, 1,950 base hours per year.
- Reduced work schedules available. A minimum of a base 1,170 hours (a 60% work schedule) is needed to be eligible for benefits.
- Flexible scheduling even for full-time employees working a 100% schedule.
- We offer one of the most flexible scheduling options in the industry.
- Employees working at least a 60% work schedule (minimum of 1,170 regular hours/year) are eligible for benefits.
- Benefits are adjusted to the % of time worked.
- Medical coverage offered.
- Cafeteria plan offered includes medical reimbursement and dependent care reimbursement up to $5,000 each.
- Company provided Long-term disability.
- Group Term Life insurance at 3 times salary up to $300,000 is company paid.
- 401k Plan including optional Roth IRA.
- One year loan for computer purchase up to $750. Discounts on equipment available from company vendors.
Vacation (Paid Time Off)
- 3 weeks of vacation, 4 weeks after 5 years and for all supervisory/managerial positions.
- 9 paid holidays.
- Paid time off while taking the CPA exam.
- Employees eligible for overtime have the option to add up to one week (37.5 hours) of overtime to vacation in lieu of payment.
- Experienced in-house technical staff.
- Remote access to all software any time of the day.
- Most professionals are provided with laptops.
- Multiple monitors.
- Windows environment continually kept current.
- All tax, audit, accounting and research software current.
- 40 hours of CPE training provided. 20 hours of similar training for non-accounting or para-professional staff.
- 6 month loan for CPA review course.
- Paid time off for taking CPA exam.
- Ongoing in-house training sessions and seminars provided.
- Opportunity to work in many areas of the business:
- Corporate and Individual Taxes
- Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Business Accounting Services
- Holding Companies group
- Internal Accounting staff
- Support Staff
- IT Staff
- Annual performance objectives and career advancement objectives provided.
- Annual performance review.
- Employees are encouraged to be involved in marketing and recruiting processes.