We're Hiring: Accountant
Why Join The Cover & Rossiter Team?
Cover & Rossiter is a Certified Public Accounting and Advisory firm, which is looking for a seasoned Accountant with strong experience who values their work-life balance. It is a great place to work with many unique benefits.
Our accountants are passionate about their clients and striving to learn and grow more to service their clients by participating in education programs and stay current with technical issues. Successful team members are self-starters, who manage their own schedule and work load by completing all work on a timely basis and meeting assigned deadlines. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner, and effectively managing the demands of engagements.
If you like to work independently, have high attention to detail, take charge of all aspects of Client relationship including planning and conducting the engagement, training clients on accounting software and take on additional duties as required by business needs, then Cover & Rossiter is the place for you.
Desired Skills & Expertise
In addition to the core requirements we look for, the candidate will ideally have experience with:
- Analyzing financial information in order to understand the business and assist business owners and management in future financial decisions. Identify ways to provide client with “added value”
- Identifying important issues and reporting them to management
- Software tools: QuickBooks, SAGE, MS Office products, and other products of the department
- Financial Statement preparation, Bank reconciliations, A/P, Fixed Assets, Payroll and related filings, and Budgeting
- Maintaining current cash balances and communicating these balances to the client
- Gross receipts filings
- Workers compensation and unemployment audits
- Gathering information for preparation of 1099s at year-end
- Gathering information for 401k service provider
- Preparation of workpapers to support balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with tax preparation and planning
- Identifying ways to increase productivity and efficiency by simplifying procedures
- Consistent quality control
- Managing own work or that of others
About Cover & Rossiter
Cover & Rossiter is a full-service local firm providing individual and trust tax services, personal financial planning, accounting and advisory services, client transaction services, captive insurance audits, estate administration, audits, corporate tax services and litigation support.
In an industry that is legendary for stories of long hours and burnout, in which employee turnover of 20 – 30% is the norm, Cover & Rossiter’s long term average turnover rate is less than 10%. Our focus on work-life balance allows us to recruit and retain quality individuals, which in turn promotes maximum client satisfaction and retention.
Cover & Rossiter places a heavy emphasis on technology; the technology focus at our firm allows staff a tremendous amount of flexibility to work remotely. Our policies are designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home-life demands.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
*Our office location will be moving on July 1 – the new location is:
Little Falls Centre One
2711 Centerville Road, Suite 100
Wilmington, DE 19808