We're Hiring: Audit Staff Accountant
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter, a Certified Public Accounting and Advisory firm, is looking for strong Audit Staff Accountant with one to three years of audit experience who values his or her work-life balance. Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits.
Our accountants are passionate about their clients, and they strive to learn and grow more to service their clients by participating in education programs and staying current with technical issues. Successful team members are self-starters who manage their own schedule and workload by completing all work on a timely basis and meeting assigned deadlines. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner while effectively managing the demands of audit engagements and mentor staff accountants.
If you like to work independently, take charge of all aspects of client relationships, including planning and conducting an audit engagement, assisting with taxes, and taking on additional duties as required by business needs, then Cover & Rossiter is the place for you.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERTISE
In addition to the core requirements we look for, the candidate will ideally have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA license (or in process)
- 1 – 3 years related work experience
- Experience in preparing financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and full disclosure notes
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Familiarity/proficiency in Prosystems Tax Software and ProSystems Engagement
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls.
- Excellent computer skills, predominately in various electronic workpapers, and MS Office products
ABOUT COVER & ROSSITER
Cover & Rossiter is a full-service, local firm providing individuals and businesses with trust tax services, personal financial planning, accounting and advisory services, client transaction services, captive insurance audits, estate administration, audits, corporate tax services and litigation support.
Committed to Work-Life Balance:
In an industry that is notorious for long hours and burnout, and where employee turnover of 20-30 percent is the norm, Cover & Rossiter’s long-term average turnover rate is less than 10 percent. Our focus on work-life balance allows us to recruit and retain quality individuals, which in turn promotes maximum client satisfaction and retention.
Cover & Rossiter places a heavy emphasis on the use of technology. The technology focus at our firm provides our staff with a tremendous amount of flexibility to work remotely. We utilize:
- Telephone software that allows desk calls to be transferred directly to a home or cell phone
- Secure, remote login access to the Cover & Rossiter server and files
- Electronic file storage
Our policies are designed to allow for significant flexibility and balance between work and personal life demands. Cover & Rossiter offers adjustable work schedules where employees can come in earlier or later and similarly leave earlier or later.
Many Cover & Rossiter employees work 60-95 percent of a typical work week in which they have set their own schedule to conform to the needs of their personal life.
Cover & Rossiter enforces a maximum of 55 hours per week during tax season, whereas most other accounting companies enforce a minimum. We believe that employees who are well rested and not overworked produce more accurate, efficient products and services for our clients.
As an added bonus, fresh fruit and vegetables with various healthy lunch options are provided daily during tax season.
Click here to submit an online application for this position.