Cover & Rossiter is looking for a dynamic Tax Manager with 7+ years’ experience in tax accounting to join our team. This position is considered a partner track position.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits! We work in a beautiful, state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit.
We are a future ready firm that is experiencing rapid growth. We regularly seek opportunities to invest in our future leaders. Our firm has been recognized in our community and industry for the work we are doing. We are a two-time winner of the the Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award presented by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. In 2019, we were one of five accounting firms in the nation to be selected by the AICPA to participate in the George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship and Internship program for the 2020 tax season.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
The ideal Tax Manager is a self-starter who works independently, schedules, delegates and reviews the work of others, has the ability to handle challenges in a positive and professional manner, provides mentoring to staff and senior accountants, and effectively manages the demands of tax season. This person will regularly and effectively communicate the status of engagements and potential issues to their supervisor. They will meet or exceed billable hour and utilization goals set by the department and are responsible for reporting on the tax staff’s results. Additionally, the Tax Manager will effectively support the Directors in development of the firm’s business plan and will seek out and identify opportunities for growth.
- B.A. or B.S. with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and current tax laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystems Tax and Engagement software and research software
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent computer skills, predominantly in various tax software, electronic workpapers and MS Office products
- Demonstrated ability to lead a tax engagement including, but not limited to:
- Planning and supervising staff
- Assigning component tasks and overseeing their completion
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple engagements simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, employee referral bonus, and free on-site fitness center. Signing Bonus will be offered!