Cover & Rossiter, an award-winning, full service CPA accounting and advisory firm located in Wilmington, Delaware, is looking for a Staff Accountant with 1 to 3 years of tax or audit experience (CPA preferred) to join our team.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits. In July 2018, we moved into a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity. The building also offers a fitness center available for free to all employees.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit. Cover & Rossiter enforces a maximum of 55 hours per week during tax season, whereas most other companies enforce a minimum. We believe that employees who are well rested and not overworked produce better, more accurate and more efficient products and services for our clients.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
Successful team members are self-starters, who effectively and efficiently manage their work load in order to complete assigned tasks/engagements on a timely basis and within project scope and budget. They have a depth of technical knowledge within their discipline and stay current on tax code changes. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner, effectively managing the demands of tax and audit deadlines, contributing new ideas, and mentoring staff accountants.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERTISE
In addition to the core competencies, the candidate will ideally have:
- A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA license preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years related work experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in Client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Proficiency in researching and interpreting tax rules
- Proficient computer skills in accounting workpaper systems, and MS Office products
ABOUT COVER & ROSSITER
Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to small businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups. We have proudly served clients from the Delaware valley and across the United States since 1939.
Compensation & Work Schedules:
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hour work week, 1,950 base hours per year
- Paid overtime
- One of the most flexible scheduling options in the area
- Employee medical coverage is 100% company-paid
- 401(k) Plan including optional Roth IRA
- 40% match of the employee’s 401(k) contributions up to 8%
Paid Time Off:
- 3 weeks of vacation; 4 weeks after 5 years
- Option to add up to one week (37.5 hours) of overtime to vacation in lieu of payment
- 9 paid holidays
- CPE training provided
- Opportunities to work across departments, lead firm initiatives, and interact with clients