Cover & Rossiter is seeking an experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper to work in its Accounting Services department. The Accounting Services department provides outsource services designed to streamline an organization’s accounting processes, while improving internal controls, to provide greater asset protection. Our clients include nonprofit organizations, dental practices, investment management firms, law firms, manufacturers, retail shops, and medical practices, to name a few.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits. In July 2018, we moved into a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
Our firm has been recognized in our community and industry for the work we are doing. In 2018, we were awarded the Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award presented by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. In 2019, we were one of five accounting firms in the nation to be selected by the AICPA to participate in the George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship and Internship program.
While each client is different, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accounting services needed to maintain books and records and control over the company’s assets. This includes, but is not limited to: trial balance and general ledger reporting, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliation, inventory control, invoicing, billing, payroll processing, and credit card payments
- Software setup and training on such systems as QuickBooks, Sage 50 and Bill.com
- Perform monthly reconciliations in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping in accounting software, e.g. QuickBooks, using the proper general ledger information
- Processing of payroll and all related payroll tax filings and reports
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Coordinate with external auditors
Accountants working in Accounting Services are self-starters, who work independently. They effectively and efficiently manage their work load in order to complete assigned tasks on a timely basis and within project scope and budget. They have a depth of technical knowledge within their discipline and stay current on tax code changes and the resulting impact on their clients. Additionally, they will assist in developing the department’s objectives to target and identify opportunities for growth.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting/Business
- 4 – 5 years related work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be PC proficient and have strong experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERTISE
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems, and work in a deadline-driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Willingness to learn and be part of a dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage multiple clients
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and customer service skills
- Experience with Sage 50
- Ability to review and understand financial reports
*Note: This position requires some work at clients’ offices, which are located within the Wilmington, DE, southeastern PA areas. You will be reimbursed for mileage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, employee referral bonus, and free on-site fitness center.