Cover & Rossiter, a Certified Public Accounting and Advisory firm, is looking for an Audit Supervisor with 5 – 7 years of audit experience to join our team.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits! We work in a beautiful, state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit.
We are a future ready firm that is experiencing rapid growth. We regularly seek opportunities to invest in our future leaders. Our firm has been recognized in our community and industry for the work we are doing. We are a two-time winner of the Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award presented by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. In 2019, we were one of five accounting firms in the nation to be selected by the AICPA to participate in the George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship and Internship program during the 2020 tax season.
We want our accountants to not only be technically proficient but to also play a role in the firm’s future growth. We regularly invest in firm-wide professional development initiatives that go beyond accounting and focus on professionalism, accountability and client service.
Successful team members are self-starters, who effectively and efficiently manage their work load in order to complete assigned tasks/engagements on a timely basis and within project scope and budget. They have a depth of technical knowledge within their discipline and stay current on tax code changes. They contribute to the team by handling challenges in a positive, professional manner, effectively managing the demands of tax and audit deadlines, contributing new ideas, and mentoring staff accountants.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERTISE
In addition to the core requirements we look for, the candidate will ideally have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- CPA license required
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Experience in audits of nonprofits and/or for-profits
- Technical auditing expertise and proficiency in GAAP and GAAS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement in client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an audit engagement including, but not limited to:
- Planning and supervising staff
- Assigning component tasks and overseeing their completion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks across multiple engagements
- Proficiency in researching and interpreting tax rules
- Proficient computer skills in accounting workpaper systems and MS Office products
ABOUT COVER & ROSSITER
Cover & Rossiter is an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to small businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups. We have proudly served clients from the Delaware Valley and across the United States since 1939.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, employee referral bonus, and free on-site fitness center.