Cover & Rossiter is looking for a dynamic Audit Manager with 5 to 7 years’ experience leading audits, reviews and compilations to join our team. This position is considered a partner track position.
WHY JOIN THE COVER & ROSSITER TEAM?
Cover & Rossiter is a great place to work with many unique benefits. In July 2018, we moved into a beautiful, new state-of-the-art office space at Little Falls Centre One. The configuration of the office space and innovative workstations, which include sit-to-stand desks, are intended to facilitate collaboration and improve productivity.
In an industry that is legendary for long hours and burnout, Cover & Rossiter is committed to our employees’ well-being, both in the office and in their personal life. We make a conscious effort to establish plans and policies designed to allow for flexibility and balance between work and home life demands. We began offering telecommuting options nearly 20 years ago – well before most CPA firms would consider such a benefit.
We are a future ready firm that is experiencing rapid growth. We regularly seek opportunities to invest in our future leaders. Our firm has been recognized in our community and industry for the work we are doing. In 2018, we were awarded the Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award presented by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. In 2019, we were one of five accounting firms in the nation to be selected by the AICPA to participate in the George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship and Internship program.
The ideal Audit Manager is a self-starter who will define engagement performance expectations and structure engagement teams to meet these expectations. The manager will develop assignment budgets and monitor realization, utilization and billing progress as well as serve as the billing manager for a portfolio of clients. This person will regularly and effectively communicate the status of engagements and potential issues to the Directors. They will meet or exceed billable hour and utilization goals set by the department and are responsible for reporting on the audit staff’s results. Additionally, the Audit Manager will effectively support the Directors in development of the firm’s business plan and seek out and identify opportunities for growth. The manager will work with the Directors to identify, research, and cultivate client targets and manage proposal initiatives.
- B.A. or B.S. with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
- Technical auditing expertise and expertise in GAAP and GAAS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement in client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Must be PC proficient and have strong experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to lead an audit engagement including, but not limited to:
- Planning and supervising staff
- Assigning component tasks and overseeing their completion
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple engagements simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERTISE
- Experience preparing nonprofit financial statements
- Knowledge of Nonprofit GAAP
- Knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code as it applies to nonprofit organizations and experience with nonprofit returns (990, 990-PF, 990-T).
- Experience with the peer review process and internal firm quality control functions.
- Experience with Uniform Guidance/Single Audits
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystem Engagement , CCH ProSystem Tax software, and QuickBooks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, employee referral bonus, and free on-site fitness center.